College Costs: When to talk about planning for college
TG and KLRN-PBS San Antonio are pleased to announce a televised special event encouraging early discussions between parents and students about money management and the cost of obtaining a higher education. Watch "College Costs: When to talk about planning for college," as education experts explain how parents and students can begin talking about finances, and how using practical money management skills can help prepare students to make smarter financial decisions before, during, and after college. The program was created as part of TG's ongoing efforts to promote college access and success.
Did you miss College Costs? Watch the video.
Parents and students can learn:
- Tips to determine the true cost of college
- How making smart money decisions can help manage college costs
- Why having early discussions about money can help equip your college student for success
Talking to your kids about college costs can be a challenge, but early planning can improve the financial health of the student, family, and community!
Resources for parents
Resources for students
- The Texas Financial Aid Information Center (TFAIC) is a free public service available to all Texas students and families wanting to pursue a higher education. Call TFAIC to help you find federal and state resources to explore higher education opportunities, apply for admission and financial aid, find money to pay for your postsecondary education, and learn more about federal and Texas-based financial aid programs and services.
- Adventures In Education (AIE™) is a public-service program that helps students plan and complete their journey through higher education. By providing a website and other free resources to students, parents, counselors, and educators, AIE encourages individuals to discover and pursue educational opportunities. AIE promotes a better tomorrow by preparing students and families for the adventure today.
Back to Top