Forms for Download


Total and Permanent Disability Discharge Forms

This discharge is intended for individuals who have a total and permanent disability (TPD) as defined in federal regulations. A borrower may seek discharge of his or her loan or Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program service obligation.

A borrower must contact Nelnet, the Department's TPD servicer, to advise them of his or her intent to request a total and permanent disability discharge, obtain applications to apply for the discharge, and to obtain other important information related to the discharge process. Borrowers may contact Nelnet online at, by phone at (888) 303-7818, or send an email to

See TG's TPD page for more information.