To be successful, students need sound financial literacy skills so they can make the right decisions when it comes to their finances. Increasingly, institutions and organizations (such as schools and community groups) are helping to meet the call for financial literacy training. However, some schools may want an online resource to help them expand their student reach.
The TG Learning Center is that resource. It helps professionals develop, implement, and improve their financial literacy initiatives, and provides tools and training that helps students learn the critical financial skills they need to succeed.
Mini-modules from the TG Financial Literacy Program, which continue to be very popular as in-person sessions facilitated by TG presenters, or by graduates of TG's Train-the-Trainer series, are also available through the TG Learning Center, and a broader audience can benefit from the program's enriching and engaging curriculum.
TG offers the TG Learning Center and the TG Financial Literacy Program at no cost to Texas colleges, and to certain colleges outside of Texas that have borrowers with TG-guaranteed loans. Contact your account executive for more details.
TG Financial Literacy Program courses
- Present concepts in small chunks of memorable content
- Have a high visuals-to-text ratio with animated graphics
- Teach a range of concepts (such as skills in managing credit, how to get a credit report, and the basics of how interest works)
The entire TG Financial Literacy Program curriculum — 12 courses in all — is available through the TG Learning Center. These courses also include supplemental games to reinforce the concepts learned in the courses themselves.
Two mini-modules — College Costs: More Than Tuition and Credit Basics: How Money Works — are also available in Spanish.
The TG Learning Center courses add several features to the in-person mini-modules, including:
- Short videos depicting the kinds of financial questions, issues, and problems that students may typically encounter outside the classroom
- The additional layer of interactivity that comes with self-paced instruction (students can choose when to stop, start, or repeat course components as they wish)
- Anytime-anywhere convenience, with online access available 24/7
- An assessment element, including a gradable quiz
Find out more
For more information, contact your TG account executive by phone at (800) 252-9743, or by email at email@example.com.
TG offers the TG Learning Center at no cost to Texas colleges, and to certain colleges outside of Texas that have borrowers with TG-guaranteed loans. Contact your account executive for more details.
For support of the TG Learning Center, please contact TG Customer Assistance at (800) 845-6267 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are other documents located on www.tgslc.org that you may be interested in:
- The TG Learning Center | Tap into the power.
- The TG Learning Center | Critical default prevention training for higher education industry professionals