Teleconference on system development rescheduled
TG is rescheduling its teleconference, "What You Should Know About System Development Projects," in the wake of an ice storm that shut down TG and much of central Texas last Tuesday.
The one-hour teleconference has been rescheduled for 2 p.m. CST on Thursday, March 13, 2003. As always, the event is free and open to any financial aid professional.
The session will include:
- A high-level review of system development project phases.
- A review of project controls with examples of documentation used and timelines and techniques for gathering information to validate project performance.
- Lessons learned and best practices from a variety of system development projects and reference materials.
The presentation portion of the session will be followed by a time for questions, answers, and discussion with participants. To ensure that all areas of interest are covered, participants are encouraged to submit their questions to Sheila Casey at email@example.com before the session.
About the presenter
Phil Flora, session presenter, is the vice president of internal audit at TG. Phil has more than 14 years of student loan experience with TG, and has led the internal audit team since 1994. His experience prior to TG included work in banking, public accounting, and cost accounting. Altogether, Phil has more than 20 years of auditing and management experience, and he has earned the following certifications: CIA, CISA, CFE, and CCSA.
Phil recently became a qualified instructor for "Practical Software and Systems Measurement (PSM): A Foundation for Objective Project Management." PSM is an issues-driven, flexible measurement process for system and software measurement. During the past two years, Phil has facilitated several training sessions and presentations, including the following sessions:
- "What You Should Know About System Development Projects" - Mapping Your Future 2002 Conference
- "Assessing the Systems Development Process - Texas State Auditors Office" - External Training & Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts
- "Auditing/Monitoring System Development Projects" - MIS Training/IIA & ConSec '01
Although the event is free of charge, enrollment is required. You can register and get further details on the teleconference by calling Premiere Conferencing at (800) 289-0579. When registering, provide the confirmation number 452142.
On Thursday, March 13, registrants should call (800) 946-0785 promptly at 1:50 p.m. CST and again reference the confirmation number.
Back to Top