The Texas Financial Aid Information Center (TFAIC) is a free public service available to all Texas students and families wanting to pursue a higher education. Created in 1999, TFAIC is a collaborative effort between the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and TG.
Call on TFAIC to help you find federal and state resources to explore higher education opportunities, apply for admission and financial aid, find money to pay for your postsecondary education, and learn more about federal and Texas-based financial aid programs and services.
TFAIC call center representatives, who average more than 17 years experience in student financial aid, can provide:
- Assistance with the Texas college admission process
- Help with understanding and applying for federal and state student financial aid
- Support in English and Spanish
No personal information is required in order to receive assistance.
Counselors also have free information packets they can send you, and TFAIC can provide telephone numbers and Web addresses for other helpful resources available in your community.
TFAIC representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Central Time. You may also reach TFAIC representatives via email at TXFinAidInfo@tgslc.org.
Watch the videos
To help promote TFAIC's services, a multimedia campaign in Spanish and English was launched in 2010. To find out how to distribute the following video, or to receive the radio PSA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are other documents located on www.tgslc.org that you may be interested in:
- Government Agencies | TG collaborates with government agencies to facilitate student success.
- Community-based Organizations | TG's initiatives can complement your student support efforts.